Wind Tunnel Rates of Hire.
Below is a summary of the cost for the hire of the wind tunnel and to provide support for testing. If you have special requirements or need further information please do not hesitate to contact the manager. We will endeavor to assist you in whatever way we can.
|Facility||Type of Service||Government||Commercial|
|Low Speed 4ft x 3ft||Standard/Full||$200/ $300 per hour||$500 / $750 per hour|
|Low Speed 7ft x 5ft||Standard/Full||$200/ $300 per hour||$500 / $750 per hour|
|If you really want real, physical wind tunnel testing done, contact AMME Uni of Sydney Wind Tunnel Staff|
The above rates are for wind tunnel testing during a standard working week i.e. Monday to Friday, between 8.30am & 5.30pm.
Outside these hours overtime rate of $100 per hour will apply.
Minimum time for hiring the wind tunnel is 8 hours.
Standard Service provided includes:
- An assistant to operate the wind tunnel and provide general help.
- The use of the wind tunnel's data acquisition system.
Full Service includes:
- As above for standard service plus the addition of aerodynamic consultancy support (a senior staff member).
- Additional Service offered:
- Model construction and modifications - $250 per hour
- Data analysis - $120 per hour
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) - $150 per hour
MEASUREMENT DEVICE CALIBRATION
Nominal Fee for Calibration and report on standard equipment.
Note: The total cost of calibrating the instrument is based on the usage of the wind tunnel.
If the nature of the instruments is such that it requires additional time (compared to the standard type) in setting up or in calibration,
the cost will increase accordingly.
* All Prices quoted in $Aust.